Download Recipe: Black Bean Spring Vegetable Compote
Black Bean Mixture
- 1 can of Black Beans
- 2 tablespoons of lite sour cream
- 6 Fresh Basil Leaves Torn
- 1 tablespoon of dried dill
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- cracked black pepper to taste
In a medium size pan empty contents of can into pan. Set heat to med-high. Add spices and basil staring occasionally until liquid is reduced by 3/4. Cook 15 minutes until beans and are soft start to split in half.Turn heat to low. Before serving add sour cream and mix thoroughly.
In a large metal sauté pan, over high heat add 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. To test if oil is hotadd a small piece of onion. Should sizzle when ready. Using a wooden spoon stir in remaining onions and cook for 5 minutes until slightly caramelized. Continue to stir and add mushrooms, cook another 5 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, and zucchini, cook until zucchinis are slightly caramelized. Toss in parsleyand season mixture with a dash of self and pepper.
Spring Vegetable Mixture
- 1/4 of Vidella Yellow onion small dice
- 2 Baby Zucchini Chopped
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 4 crimini mushrooms sliced thick
- 3 tablespoons of minced Italian flat leaf parsley, reserve 1/2 tablespoon for garnish
Spoon black beans into a bowl. Top with spring vegetable mixture and and garnish with remaining
Enjoy and Happy Cooking!