Download Recipe: Chicken Fried Rice with Yellow Curry
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of Thai Yellow Curry - pre-made found at most grocery stores in Asian Foods section
1 chicken breast - Sliced thin
1/2 cup of red cabbage - sliced thin
1/2 cup of green cabbage - sliced thin
1/2 cup baby corn - chopped
1/4 cup carrots - diced small
10 long beans - sliced into 1/4” pieces
1 handful of Thai basil leaves
1 tablespoon of fish sauce
1/2 tablespoon of sugar
2 cups of jasmine rice - cooked
Option: 1 Thai red chili - sliced thin
Red chilies, Thai sweet basil, cilantro or eatable flowers
1 large sauté pan
1 wooden spoon or spatula
1. Place sauté pan over medium-high heat + add oil to pan. (Warning! Be sure to turn on stove top fan
curry can be strong) Once oil is hot add chicken + curry paste.
2. Using spatula spread out chicken + cook until light brown and curry is mixed together with chicken.
3. In order add to pan:
1. Add red + green cabbage
2. Add green beans
3. Add baby corn + carrots
4. Add red chili
5. Add Thai basil leaves
4. Stir all together until vegetables soften, about 1-2 minutes.
5. Add fish sauce + sugar, stir together.
6. Add rice to pan. Using spatula break apart rice + stir together with chicken mixture.
Using spoon remove fried rice from sauté pan + place on plates. Top with garnish + enjoy!