Download Recipe: Lemon and Dill Crab Bruschetta
Serves: 14 Slices
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Minutes
1 Loaf of Ciabatta or Sourdough Bread (Sliced into 1/2 inch portions)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for drizzling)
Salt and Pepper
1 pound of fresh crabmeat (drained)
1/4 cup capers (drained and rinsed in cold water)
1 1/2 teaspoons of fresh dill
1/3 cup of Lite Mayonnaise
1/2 Lemon (juiced) + Zest (reserve for garnish)
1 teaspoon of crushed red chili flakes (optional for extra spice)
1 tablespoon of butter
1/4 Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
1 cookie sheet
1 large mixing bowl
1 small sauté pan
1 wooden spoon
1 Microplane (Zester)
1. Preheat oven to broil move rack to top of oven. .
2. Meanwhile, Slice bread, arrange slices on cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil and salt and
3. Place bread in oven watch carefully, will cook in 2-3 minutes. (Remove when golden brown)
1. In a large bowl mix together capers, dill, lite mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and chili
2. Slowly fold in crab.
1. In a small sauté pan melt butter over medium-high heat. Once melted, add bread crumbs to
pan, stir and cook until golden brown about 4 minutes.
Add crab mixture to toasted bread, top with breadcrumbs, lemon zest, and spouts.