Certifications: Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Kosher Certified
Harvested in: Guatemala
Flavor Profile: Eucalyptus. Citrus. Floral.
Net Weight of Spice in Ounces: 0.7
Net Weight of Empty Bottle with Lid in Ounces: 1.8
Total Weight in Ounces: 2.5
Total Weight in Grams: 20
- Sustainable farming practices in Guatemala include crop rotation, organic farming, and the use of natural fertilizers and pest control methods.
- Black cardamom is typically grown in tropical or subtropical climates and thrives in warm and humid conditions.
- The plant is a perennial shrub that can grow up to 4 meters tall and produces pods containing the seeds.
- The pods are harvested when they are fully mature and have turned dark brown.
- After harvesting, the pods are dried in the sun or in a kiln until they are fully dried and the seeds are released from the pods.
- The seeds are then cleaned and sorted, and can be used whole or ground as a spice in a variety of dishes, including curries, stews, and marinades.
- Black cardamom seeds have a strong and smoky flavor with hints of camphor and mint, and are often used in savory dishes to add depth and complexity to the flavor profile.